At Evolve, OUR mission is to revolutionise New Zealand’s healthcare industry and optimise the quality of YOUR life by providing world class systems and cutting edge techniques.
Benefits of Pilates
Pilates is an innovative and safe system of mind-body exercise using a floor mat or reformer machines to build strength and improve mobility.
Developed from the principles of Joseph Pilates it will dramatically transform the way your body looks, feels and performs.
At Evolve our classes combine the traditional pilates method with athletic conditioning and functional strength principles. We take exercise prescription seriously – Pilates is definitely for everyone but not all Pilates exercises are suited for every body. We teach you body awareness, the benefits of good posture and easy, graceful movement so that you’ll feel incredible!
- Improves posture, balance and flexibility
- Builds strength without excess bulk
- Improves mobility and stability
- Improves motor control
- Improves agility and movement
- Creates an evenly conditioned body, improves sports performance, and reduces risk of injuries
- Engages your mind and breathing to tune into your body movements
- Reduces stress
Benefits of Yoga
Derived from the Sankrit word “yuj” which means “to unite or integrate”; yoga is a 5000 year old Indian practice designed to unite the mind, body and spirit.
Focused on harmonising the body with the mind and breath through the means of various breathing techniques, postures (asanas) and meditation, yoga allows you to tune in, chill out, and shape up.
- Improves muscle tone, flexibility, strength and stamina
- Protects your spine
- Reduces stress and tension
- Boosts self esteem
- Improves concentration and creativity
- Improves circulation
- Stimulates the immune system
- Regulates adrenal glands
- Creates sense of well being and calm
Find balance with Yoga – the slow and introspective practice targets the body’s energetic system, the connective tissues, joints and fascia. Yoga is an ancient form of movement which plays a vital role in countering our modern day stress. During your introductory session if joint mobility restrictions and tissue extensibility dysfunctions are present, Yoga may be the best pathway for you. At Evolve, we currently offer Vinyasa flow.
Note: You must complete your intro session before participating in these classes.
Functional Fit Classes